Seven Signs of John
The 7 Signs of John
These are great Bible stories to use with pre-Christians and newer Christians, using the DBS method.They are stories of were Jesus performs healings and other miraculous acts. In addition, these stories can also be told orally to people who show some interest but haven't yet committed to a Bible Study (see an example of an orally shared story: Zacchaeus & The Pharisee and the Tax Collector).
These 7 Signs of John are based on the words that the apostle John writes near the end of his gospel. He said, “Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” (John 20:30-31) According to this passage, John, who was with Jesus from the start and saw all the miracles performed, selected these particular miracles and included them in this specific order for a purpose—to open the eyes of the unbeliever to have faith in the real Christ and gain eternal life. These miracle stories in the gospel of John are the stories that are best to present the true Christ to an unbelieving heart.
- John 2:1-11 - Changing Water into Wine at a Wedding in Cana
- John 4:46-54 - The Healing of the Royal Official's Son in Capernaum
- John 5:1-15 - The Healing of the Paralytic at Bethesda
- John 6:1-15 - The Feeding of the 5000
- John 6:16-24 - Jesus Walking on Water
- John 9:1-38 - Healing of the Man Blind from Birth
- John 11:1-45 - The Raising of Lazarus