a devotional prayer
Praying in the model of the Lord's Prayer
P-R-A-Y Prayer: The Lord's Prayer
Pray then like this: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” - Matthew 6:9-13 ESV
(added later into the Bible but a great one to say and sing) "For your is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."
P ➪ Praise & Thanksgiving
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.” (Matthew 6:9 ESV)
- Distinction: We praise God for who He is. We give thanks to God for what He has done.
- Praise: Bible verses list & Flashcards + Thanksgiving: Bible verses list & Flashcards
- "Praise the Lord, all people on earth, praise his glory and might." - 1 Chronicles 16:28
- "Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." - Psalm 100:4-5
- "Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods." - Psalm 95:-1-3
R ➪ Repent, Confess, Forgive Others, & Receive God's Forgiveness
“and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.” (Matthew 6:12 ESV)
Repent over your sinfulness, confess your sins to Him, and forgive those who have hurt you.
- Repentance: Bible verses list & Flashcards
- "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord..." - Acts 3:19
- "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." - 1 John 1:9
- "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." - James 5:16
A ➪ Ask (Prayer Requests)
“Give us this day our daily bread.. and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” (Matthew 6:11,13 ESV)
Lift up your requests for provision and protection, for healing and restoration, for wisdom, revelation, and direction, etc. Intercede for the needs and salvation of others.
- Prayer & Intercession: Bible verses list & Flashcards
- "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." - Matthew 7:7-8 NLT
Y ➪ Yield, Submit
“Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10 ESV)
Yield/submit to His will, listen to His voice, seek His leading and direction, and the establishing of His Kingdom in your life and on earth.
- "Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness." - Romans 6:13
- "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." - Matthew 6:33 NLT
- "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." - John 15:5