Ten Prayers To Strengthen Your Inner Being
The acronym F-E-L-L-O-W-S-H-I-P combines the three main prayer themes of gifts (power), fruit (character), and wisdom (insight) for our inner man (mind, emotions and will), into one prayer list with 10 specific prayer requests. Using this acronym, pray for yourself, your family and loved ones, and over people you disciple, oversee, and/or care about. These prayers are to be prayed over believers. Each prayer focus has a link for Bible verses related to that theme.
That according to the riches of his glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith... (Ephesians 3:16-17a)
F ➪ Fear of the Lord
- Fear of the Lord: Bible verses list & flashcards
- Father, release the spirit of the fear of God into my heart. Release the lightning and thunder from Your Throne to strike my heart (Rev. 4:5) with Your majesty, that I might live in awe before You. Release Your presence and holy dread that makes me tremble before You. Unite my heart to your heart and Word and cause me to delight in the fear of God.
E ➪ Endurance (Patience)
- Endurance: Bible verses list & flashcards
- Father, strengthen my spirit with endurance that I may do Your will with zeal and diligence and that I not quit pursuing the deep things of God. Impart endurance for fasting. Direct my heart into the endurance in which Jesus walked. This is a prayer for strength to follow through in my commitments to God and to fulfill my ministry calling when it is difficult.
L ➪ Love of God
L ➪ Light of Glory
- Light of Glory: Bible verses list & flashcards
- Father, let me see the light of Your glory or to encounter the “glory realm”. Give me Holy Spirit encounters (dreams, visions, angelic visitations, manifestations of light, fire, wind) as You gave to Moses, Isaiah, Ezekiel and John (Ex. 33; 34:29-30; Isa. 6; Ezek. 1; Rev. 1).
O ➪ One Thing Focus
- One Thing Focus: Bible verses list & flashcards
- Father, strengthen me to maintain a life in Your word with desire for it. When I lose this focus, send Your word to deliver me as You did for the saints at Ephesus, Sardis and Laodicea (Rev. 2:4-5; 3:1-3; 3:15-20). Alert me when I need to recommit my schedule and priorities to live as a person of one thing who regularly sits at Your feet, as Mary of Bethany did. Busyness, guilt and despair cause fervent believers to drift from their fervency.