W-O-R-D-S of F-A-I-T-H Prayer
a devotional prayer for hearing God
W-O-R-D-S of F-A-I-T-H Prayer
As we seek to grow in hearing God with greater clarity and accuracy, we can pray for God to help us. We seek also to be used by God to deliver prophetic words to His people, in ways that edifies them - that strengthen, encourage, and comforts them.
"Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit. But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified." - 1 Corinthians 1:1-5
W ➪ Wisdom
We choose Your thoughts and ways and not our own limited human way of thinking. We want the wisdom of God in our thoughts, emotions, words, prayers, and action. May everything we say and do display to the world, in tangible ways, the wisdom of God - that we walk with You, spend time with You, and follow Your Word.
- “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” - Isaiah 55:8-9
- "But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God." - 1 Corinthians 1:24
- "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking." - James 1:5
- To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom..." - 1 Corinthians 12:7-8a
O ➪ Obedience
Helps us to be obedient to the revelation of Your Word and to the leadings of Your Spirit. May we not just be hearers of Your Word but doers, a people who take Your Word seriously and embrace it deep in our hearts.
- "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." - John 14:15
- "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21
- Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me." - John 14:23-24
- "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
R ➪ Revelation
Holy Spirit, release supernatural revelation into our hearts, minds, and senses. May we prophesy, dream dreams, and see visions. Cause us to tune into what You are speaking and doing. Help us to grow in interpreting what You have revealed. And help us to apply what we have received from You, with specificity, confidence, and the fear of the Lord.
- "...that...God...may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better ...that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people, and His incomparably great power for us who believe." - 1 Corinthians 1:17-19
- "Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets." - Amos 3:7
- "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days." - Joel 2:28-29
D ➪ Discernment
Lord, give us a discerning heart. Cause us to grow in discernment of both good and evil and in distinguishing between spirits.
- WEBPAGE: Prayers for Spiritual Discernment
- "But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others. For, 'Who can know the Lord’s thoughts?Who knows enough to teach him?' But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ." - 1 Corithians 2:14-16
- "'So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?' The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this. So God said to him, 'Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart...'" - 1 Kings 3:9-12a
- "The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out." - Proverbs 18:15
- "I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes." - Psalm 119:125
- “For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.” - Hebrews 5:12-14
- "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." - 1 John 4:1
- To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good... to another the ability to distinguish between spirits..." 1 Corinthians 12:7,10b
S ➪ Sensitivity (Sensitive to God and Man)
Father, helps us to be sensitive to Your Spirit and to speak Your words to others with sensitivity and love.
- "Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." - Romans 12:15
- "Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind." - 1 Peter 3:8
- "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." - Ephesians 4:32
- "Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." - 1 Peter 4:18
- "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." - Matthew 7:12
- "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds..." - Hebrews 10:24
- "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." - Ephesians 4:2-3
F ➪ Feedback (Confirmation)
Lord, we ask for positive feedback, coming from others, to affirm and confirm that You are speaking to us and through us. Even release correction, if we need it. Help us to grow in confidence and in boldness, with what You are revealing to us. May Your prophetic words, delivered through us Your servants, confirm and affirm what the person is already hearing from You, in their own life.
- "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday." - Psalm 37:5-6
- Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” - Luke 17:17-18
A ➪ Affections of Jesus
May we have the affections of Jesus as we hear Your voice for ourselves and prophesy to others. May we feel Your emotions, Your heart, and Your passion for ourselves and for each person over which we prophesy.
- "As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him." - Psalm 103:13
- "When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd." - Matthew 9:36
- "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." - 2 Corinthians 13:14
- "And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." - Philippians 1:9-11
- "Now may our God and Father himself, and our Lord Jesus, direct our way to you, and may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, as we do for you, so that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints." 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13
I ➪ Intimacy
Lead us into deeper intimacy with You, God. We want to know Your Word, Your heart, Your will, Your thoughts, Your emotions, and Your ways. May we pray and prophecy with the revelation that flows out of a deep intimacy with God.
- "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand." - John 10:27-28
- Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." - John 14:23
- "that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ." - 1 John 1:3
- "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20
T ➪ Timing
May we not just hear You speak but also grasp the timing of Your good will. May we release prophetic words to people, honoring Your perfect timing. May you lead us to know when to wait for the appropriate timing to release the message, and when to release it.
- "For he says, 'In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.' I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation." - 2 Corinthians 6:2
- "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." - Psalm 90:12
- "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." - 2 Peter 3:8-9
- "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." - Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
- "from Issachar, men who understood the times and knew what Israel should do..." - 1 Chronicles 12:32
H ➪ Hunger for Your WORD
Lord, release a greater hunger for your WORD - to desire to read it again and again, to study the Bible regularly, to continually memorize verses and passages, and to meditate on your WORD, day and night. And may that hunger ever increase and never wane or die. As we immerse ourselves in the word of Scripture, cause us to be able to discern the voice of the Spirit by testing it by the one infallible source we have, Your WORD.
"My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times." - Psalm 119:20
"I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." - Psalm 40:8
"Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day. Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, for I keep your precepts." - Psalm 119:97-100
"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path" - Psalm 119:105
Other Prayer Points You Can Pray About Related To Hearing God
- Accuracy (& Clarity) - May I hear you speak with with greater accuracy and clarity. - "We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." - 2 Peter 1:19-21
- Authority - May Your servants speak with authority, when we speak the words You have place on our hearts.
- Calibration of My Senses - Use my natural and spiritual senses to calibrate a clear message You are communicating to me, both for myself and for others. I ask that You use Scripture, images, dreams, audible/inaudible hearing, a knowing, etc. to help me calibrate what You are saying. Use any combination to help me accurately perceive Your Rhema/Kairos word.
- Faith - Lord, increase my faith in believing that you desire to speak in all situations, minister to people through the prophetic.
- Healing - Release healing, in me, of past wounds and trauma, that I may be to be able to see and hear You rightly, a revelation untainted by my own human brokenness. "...for I am the Lord, who heals you." - Exodus 15:26 - "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." - Isaiah 53:5
- Holiness/Holy Living - Father, remind me that what you care about most when it comes to doing Your will is my holiness in every decision rather than the decision itself. "For this is the will of God, your sanctification..." - 1 Corinthians 4:3
- Power - Release power to bring/carry out your revelation.
- Purity - Keep the message of Your revelation pure and un-defiled.
- Pleasing Unto You - Help me to operate in these supernatural gifts in ways that please You, honor You, and bring You pleasure.
- Teach Me More - Help me to no just hear Your voice or move in the prophetic, and in words of knowledge, but to also come to an understanding of your deepest purposes with these supernatural gifts. Help me to gain perspective of Your desires that I may teach others how to hear from You, with a healthy, God-honoring approach.
- Words of Knowledge - Lord, I long to receive accurate words of knowledge to deliver to people in need. I am open and available to be used by you to bless others, through words of knowledge.